Incorporated into the city in 1921, it is one of the most recently built of Rome's quarters.
A rural area in the 1800s, it is now one of Rome's most elegant areas and was home to Emperor Domiziano's wife and her vine yards in ancient times, while during medieval times it was part of the lands under the Pope's control.
After the Unification of Italy it became a residential area for ministers working in Rome. The area was designed to ensure that St. Peter's couldn't be seen from any part of the quarter, and the streets names are all closely linked to the heroes of the Unification of Italy, testimony to the difficult relationship between the new Italian state and the Vatican.
The construction of the area was finished in the mid-fifties. The area is full of wide avenues and liberty style buildings.
The theatre opened in 1898 and has hosted major shows such as La Boheme by Puccini and La Gioconda by Ponchielli. Even Buffalo Bill performed his famous show here.
Also known among Romans as the Palazzaccio because of his appearance that is different from the traditional architectural taste of Rome.
Located in Piazza Risorgimento, it was established in 1925 and is home to relics and documents tracing the history of the Carabinieri corps.
Built on the square of the same name to commemorate the deeds of Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour, was built between 1885 and 1895.
This churs is located along the river (Lungotevere) and is famous having been built in the neogothic style, which lead to it being called "Little Milan Cathedral."