logo Rome Accommodation

maximum occupancy reached

Adults
children (< 3 years)

Castel Sant'Angelo

CastelSantAngelo

Built in the 2nd century as a mausoleum for Emperor Hadrian and transformed into a papal fortress in the 6th century, Castel Sant’Angelo was named by Pope Gregory the Great in 590 after a herald angel appeared above the building in order to announce the end of the plague in Rome. In 1277 the fortress was joined to the Vatican Palace via a wall and a secret passage through which the popes could escape in times of danger. 

 

Our apartments in the proximity of Castel Sant'Angelo:

Address: Lungotevere Castello 50 Telephone: 06.6819111 Entrance: 9.00 - 19.30 Directions: It is possible to reach this point of interest by taking the Autobus for Piazza Pia. Take a look at the apartments in the area

Apartments in this area