Although there is not much to see, this is the first church designed by Borromini in Rome and one of his
Because of its small dimensions, in fact its area is as large as one of the pillars supporting Saint Peter’s
Dome, this church is also known as San Carlino. It was started in 1638 and finished many years after
Borromini’s death. The church is characterized by a rich facade where concave and convex curves
alternate, creating a mixture of dynamism and elegance, making it a masterpiece of baroque art. The
dome has an oval shape and a small lantern at the top. Hidden windows illuminate the entire church.
Our apartments near the Church of Saint Charles at the Four Fountains: